This week we cover Mary Shelley’s genre-changing novel, Frankenstein. We discuss her strange life, questions from listeners, and the weirdness of that party in Geneva.
If you’d like to drink along:
The Mary Shelly:
- 1 and 1/2 oz bourbon or fine whiskey
- 1 cup port
- Maraschino Cherry for Garnish
Contemplate the terrors of your mortality and the possibility of life after an untimely death.
You can listen to us here: https://anchor.fm/unfortunately-required/episodes/Episode-22-Its-Franken-Steen-e88b3f
You can watch us here:
- Romantic Outlaws: The Extraordinary Lives of Mary Wollenstonecraft & Mary Shelly, by Charlotte Gordon
- Making the Monster: The Science Behind Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein by Kathryn Harkup
- Monster, She Wrote: The Women Who Pioneered Horror and Speculative Fiction by Lisa Kroger, and Melanie R. Anderson
Leave a Reply