This week we discuss Harriet the Spy, the 1964 novel by Louise Fitzhugh (and the 1996 move from Nickelodeon).
To Drink Along:
If you’re following Victoria: Dump vodka in an amount akin to you pain scale into a glass. Fill remaining space in glass with Bloody Mary Mix. Stir.
If you’re following Amanda: Eat herb goat cheese while sipping a chilled ginger ale from a goblet.
- Harriet the Spy (The Nickelodeon Movie) https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B07MY99LZN/ref=atv_dp_share_cu_r
- Louise Fitzhugh’s New York Times Obit https://www.nytimes.com/1974/11/21/archives/louise-fitzhugh-is-dead-at-46-harriet-the-spy-a-uthorartist.html
- NPR, Unapologetically Harriet, the Misfit Spy
- The Horn Book https://www.hbook.com/?detailStory=spying-louise-fitzhughhttps://www.hbook.com/?detailStory=spying-louise-fitzhugh
- New Yorker Article, How to Be A Good Bad American Girl https://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/how-to-be-a-good-bad-american-girl
Other Stuff We Talked About:
- The Sad Bitch Button: https://www.redbubble.com/people/amandaactually/works/47558136-sad-bitch-button?asc=u
- The Texas Execution Website: https://www.tdcj.texas.gov/death_row/dr_facts.html
You can support us here if you’re so inclined: https://anchor.fm/unfortunately-required