This week’s episode, we spent our time discussing the epic Old English poem Beowulf.
To drink along: Sky River Mead (sweet)
Fill your mead horn or chalice. Drink deep and think of years worth of epic poetry.
Listen here, or wherever you download your podcasts:
Special thanks to the following sources:
- Crispin Glover screaming in Grendel-
- Podcasts: In Our Time: Beowulf and 5 Minutes in Church History
- Overly Sarcastic Productions Beowulf Summary
- Thug Notes: Beowulf
- Tolkien’s Beowulf: The Monsters and the Critics
- Beowulf translated by Seamus Heaney
- Beowulf translated by Tolkien
Want to suggest a book? Want to talk to us about weird literature or reading in school? Email us at UnfortunatelyRequiredReading@gmail.com
Leave a Reply