This week’s episode is dedicated to melancholy and ouzo as we discuss the works of the poet Sappho. Often maligned, never duplicated, Sappho is a little hard to pin down as quite a bit of her history has been lost or glossed over with satire.
If you’d like to drink along:
Sapphic Death in the Afternoon:
- 1 ounce ouzo
- 1 ounce blackberry brandy
- 3 sugar cubes
- 3 maraschino cherries
- champagne to top it off. Pour slowly, cause that sugar is gonna cause a reaction.
- contemplate your long lost lover
Here’s a link to this week’s episode:
Here are our resources for this week:
- If Not Winter- Anne Carson translation of Sappho poetry
- Stuff You Missed in History Class- Sappho
For Merch, visit our store Redbubble.com/UnfortunatelyRR